[fpc-pascal] PASCAL programming for Novice

Rick Seiden rick at seidenmail.com
Sat Jun 9 21:28:46 CEST 2007

It's what I like to call a pass through server.  My ISP won't let me
send email unless I'm on their network (at home).  So, I have a server I
wrote in VB that listens for a connection on a non standard port. When
connected, it connects to my ISP's SMTP server.  Anything it gets from
the email client, it passes to the server.  Anything it gets from the
server it passes to the email client.  Works like a charm.  Only problem
is that it's in Windows.  I'm working towards getting rid of that
windows box and replacing it with linux. So, I need to re-write this app
in Linux.  It's really the event part of it that I'm concerned with.