[fpc-pascal] PASCAL programming for Novice

Leonardo M. Ram� martinrame at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 17:10:48 CEST 2007

Francisco, that's not only a class, it's a Program containing the THelloWorld class.

With Object Pascal (and Pascal), you can divide your program in units, then use those units in a
program.

Example:

------------------------------------
Unit HelloWorld;

interface

type
  THelloWorld = class
    procedure Put;
  end;

implementation

procedure THelloWorld.Put;
begin
  WriteLn('Hello, World!');
end;

end.
------------------------------------
program MyProgram

uses
  HelloWorld; // this includes HelloWorld into your program

var
  myHelloWorl: THelloWorld;  // to declare a variable of type THelloWorld

begin
  myHelloWorld := THelloWorld.Create;  // to create an instance of THelloWorld.
  myHelloWorld.Put;                    // to execute Put method.
  myHelloWorld.Free;                   // to destroy the instance.
end.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com