[fpc-pascal] FPC only 32 bits?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Jun 7 14:48:49 CEST 2007

Marco van de Voort writes:

> Note that all of this is described in the buildfaq already published
> earlier.

I thought I already had cross compiled.
I posted earlier what I used:

cd fpc
gmake distclean
# next all on one line
gmake all install CPU_TARGET=x86_64 OS_TARGET=freebsd
CROSSBINDIR=/vol2/fp-amd/fpc/cross/bin BINUTILSPREFIX=x86_64-freebsd -INSTAL
L_PREFIX=/vol2/fp-amd/amd64

The /vol2/fp-amd/amd64 is empty. Should it have something?

I think one of my problems may be the CROSSBINDIR. Reading the buildfaq I
am not sure what that is supposed to point it to.

The buildfaq reads:
1. Cross binutils have been compiled, and are installed with
$PREFIX=~/cross. The correct prefix has been identified
 (probably something like i686-ming32- and x86-64-linux- in our example)

In my case what does the cross binutils constitute?
Copying some files from the FreeBSD amd64 machine?
When I do man "as" it says it can do 64bit code, but when I try to compile
one of the ".as" files with --64 it complaints that it could not do it.

Also when I do "file ppcrossx64" it reports it is 32bits. Therefore I don't
think my cross compile produced amd64 code. The fact i386 units were created
also points to that.