[fpc-pascal] FPC only 32 bits?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Jun 7 01:56:39 CEST 2007

Henry Vermaak writes:

> you will also want to tell ppcrossx64 what your binutils prefix is by
> using -XPx86_64-freebsd-.  also make sure that the compiler can find
> your binutils (put it on the path).

Based on some searching it seems I need to build the rtl in the AMD64
machine. After some inspection of the Makefile it seemed like I needed to
point to variables:
FPC
BINUTILSPREFIX

>From what I can tell BINUTILSPREFIX needs to point to among other things
where the assember is so I set those to variables to:
setenv FPC "/data/fpc/compiler/ppcrossx64"
setenv BINUTILSPREFIX "/usr/bin/"

Now when I try to run gmake on the rtl directory I get:
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/data/fpc/rtl/freebsd'
gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `x86_64/cprt0.as', needed by `cprt0.o'.
 Stop.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/data/fpc/rtl/freebsd'
gmake: *** [freebsd_all] Error 2

Don't think I can go any further without help. :-(

Also how do I tell gmake that I am doing freebsd only?
gmake -C freebsd all ?

That is what I see after typing "gmake" in the rtl directory.