[fpc-pascal] FPC only 32 bits?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Jun 7 01:26:15 CEST 2007

Henry Vermaak writes:

> usually fpc.cfg is configured to find the units, but because you
> installed the compiled units in a different folder, you will need to
> either change fpc.cfg

How do I tell the compiler where to look for the fpc.cfg?
I copied the fpc.cfg from my i386 machine, made the change and tried. Didn't
help. Put it in the same place I have it in the i386 architecture.
/usr/local/etc/

On the command line I added -Fu<path> and found the diretory.

Now I have a different problem.
PPU Loading /data/fpc/rtl/units/i386-freebsd/system.ppu
PPU is compiled for another processor

How do I compile the units for AMD64?
Do I need to cross compile them or can I compile them with this compiler in
the AMD64.

> you will also want to tell ppcrossx64 what your binutils prefix is by
> using -XPx86_64-freebsd-.

Was there a dash at the end there or is that a typo?

>  also make sure that the compiler can find
> your binutils (put it on the path).

I don't see a directory by that name. Is the directory called something
other than binutils?

Originally I embarked on this cross compile because I was told that the
freebsd port did not support AMD64 because of some problems. Is what I have
done so far further than previously achieved? Just wondering if this that I
am trying is of any help at all.

The person that reported the issue with the amd64 port was Marco van de
Voort, in this same thread.

In particular he wrote.