[fpc-pascal] FPC only 32 bits?

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:08:26 CEST 2007

On 06/06/07, Francisco Reyes <lists at stringsutils.com> wrote:
> How do I tell it where to look for the rtl units?
>
> Tried compiling a simple progrma like:
> compiler/ppcrossx64 -Xr rtl/ programs/crtxy.pp

usually fpc.cfg is configured to find the units, but because you
installed the compiled units in a different folder, you will need to
either change fpc.cfg, or pass the options to ppcrossx64.  the
relevant lines in fpc.cfg are:

-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl

you will also want to tell ppcrossx64 what your binutils prefix is by
using -XPx86_64-freebsd-.  also make sure that the compiler can find
your binutils (put it on the path).

> Thr crtxy.pp is a trivial program that uses the crt unit.
>
> Gave me the error:
> Fatal: Can't find unit System used by crtxy
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>
> Also tried putting
> {$UNITPATH /data/fpc/rtl}
> At the top most line of my program.
>
> When I installed in i386 I used the FreeBSD port so this is my first install
> from source.. specially cross-compiling..
>
> Just trying to see if my cross compile worked.
> Trying on my laptop, which is FreeBSD AMD64.
> Compiled on my desktop with FreeBSD i386.

henry