[fpc-pascal] msedb and fcl-db benchmarks

Coco Pascal Coco.Pascal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 17 19:58:31 CEST 2007

Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> Discussion: What tests could I do more? Is there something I overlooked?

To me it seems that benchmark tests on 100000 records are missing
relevance more and more.
I'm interested in responsiveness in n-tier solutions: opening connection
- begin transaction - quering/updating mostly 1 or a few records -
commit transaction - close connection - browsing a small (<50) set of
records .  Opening /closing connections could be skipped in this context
when a connectionpool is used.
Also I'm interested in tests selecting/updating/browsing sets larger
than 1 million records, obviously local.
Consequently one could ask if one type of dataset could satisfy
requirements regarding performance and use of resources in both cases.