[fpc-pascal] Master Detail relationship in SQLdb

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Jul 15 01:02:36 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 18:30 +0200, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Friday 13 July 2007 17.08, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> > Maybe a stupid question, but:
> >
> > SQLDB has this already.
> > So, why don't you help fixing SQLDB instead, and use that in MSEgui ?
> > This way everyone benefits.
> >
> > This is a lot of silly code duplication for no good reason...
> >
> Ups, SQLDB has a lookupbuffer component like MSEgui and does not unprepare the
> SQL statement on tdataset.refresh? Sorry I didn't know that.

Even if you do TDataset.Close; TDataset.Open, it doesn't do an unprepare
and a prepare.

> Are you sure that TSQLQuery implements internalrefresh?

No it doesn't. It doesn't need it. Since the calls to the connections
are splitted up in several parts. Only those that are really necessary
are called. So even on a normal refresh, prepare and unprepare aren't
called.

> I spent about 150-200 hours to find, report and fix bugs in the FPC DB area
> BTW. :-)

I remember there were some difficult ones, yes.

Joost