[fpc-pascal] DateToStr in arm does not work!

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:21:26 CEST 2007

On 04/07/07, josepascual <josepascual at almudi.com> wrote:

> Hi henry et all,
>
> I have a little confused, Could you or someone help me with some question?
>
> I have a ARM920T (without fpu, kernel OABI) .
> Which version of gcc are you using 3.4.1? 4.1.2?

4.1.1 (this is the first gcc that supports eabi).

> Which libc version? (2.3.2 2.3.6)

2.3.90.

> Is your gcc for EABI?

yes.

> Have you used same crosstools to generate fpc 2.3.1 libraries and to
> compiling your final freepascal programs?

yes.

> Can I Use a FPC for ARM (cross or not) with softfloat option for arm kernel
> EABI and not EABI (OABI)?

i dunno.  only kernel 2.6.16 onwards support eabi, afaik, and the two
aren't compatible, although you might be able to make it work if you
know which settings to change in i_linux.pas, but i think it's not
that simple.

i know that ld have complained about linking my fpc programs with
libraries, but i suspect that's an interworking-related thing.
luckily ld does have some options to control this.

any fpc developer care to comment?

> What Freepascal only use from ARM binutils? (as, ld, ar, ranlib, ... Whats
> ()? (gcc is not necesary,  is it?)

only as and ld, i think?

i urge you to read this:

http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/faq.html

i haven't completely read it (hence i can't answer your questions that
well, sorry).

henry