[fpc-pascal] DateToStr in arm does not work!

josepascual josepascual at almudi.com
Wed Jul 4 10:19:26 CEST 2007

> > soft float just means that the compiler needs to emulate the floating
> > point unit if it doesn't exist in your hardware (like some arm
> > processors).  if you have an fpu, then you don't have to worry about
> > soft float.  the following assumes that you need soft float in you
> > compiler.
>
> If this program compiles and works fine:
> program floattest;
>
> uses sysutils;
> var a,b:double;
>
> begin
> a:=0.5;
> b:=0.3;
> writeln(format('%5.3f',[a*b]));
>
> end.
>

> can I assume that either my compiler has been built with the right
> options or I have a working fpu?
> I'm asking because jose original test program fails here, while the
> above program correctly prints out 0.150

I have a ARM920T (without fpu, kernel OABI)

I have (always in linux) a fpcrossarm compiler version 2.1.4 and one 2.3.1
(I don't know release).

I can compile with 2.1.4 with and without softfloat but 2.3.1 only without
softfloat.

I have compiled floattest with :

a) ppcrossarm 2.1.4 without CfSOFT --> result 0.150
b) ppcrossarm 2.1.4 with CfSOFT --> result 0.000
c) ppcrossarm 2.3.1 without CfSOFT --> result 0.150

but I can run datetostr_test without error.