[fpc-pascal] PowerPC crosscompiler on i386 Mac OS X looks for, wrong assembler and linker

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 21:33:58 CEST 2007

On 7/3/07, Micha Nelissen <micha at neli.hopto.org> wrote:
> You *must* be joking, right ? Usually it involves digging through a
> messy config.log, where you sometimes can't really find the reason (just
> one of those mysterious test compiles failed) and then have to decrypt
> an enormously complex configure script that will give you nightmares for
> years.

I second that. Autoconf is the worse building method I have ever seen.

And I've already seen some pretty scary things, like the SymbianOS
build method with hundreds of perl scripts that call batch files,
which create makefiles, which call more perl scripts to create more
batch scripts, and so on recursively.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho