[fpc-pascal] support for FreeBSD4 broken in fpc 2.0.4

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jan 28 22:55:35 CET 2007

> Am Freitag, den 26.01.2007, 22:31 +0100 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> > This is by design. The default changed from FreeBSD4 to FreeBSD5 here.
> >
> > The meaning of the compat switch -Xf changed accordingly afaik.
>
> Um, I've never heard or read of that switch, I'll try.

The fix mainly switches threading libraries and other minor linking stuff.

> > >   errors:
> >
> > Make sure nothing defines FreeBSD5, and use -Xd.

(should have been -Xf)

> > > Is there any chance of having support for FreeBSD 4 integrated into
> > > newer compilers?
> >
> > Afaik, all support is still there, except maybe the startup code. Just
> > make sure that FreeBSD

> However this sentence should continue, I've tried the following:
>
> 1. reconstructed the original cprt0.as

Yes. Also note the version numbers in the abitag (currently 504000 meaning
5.4).

> 2. recompiled fpc-2.0.4 release sources
> 3. added "-Xf" to my .fpc.cfg
> 4. tried a complete compile of lazarus and a testing program of mine

Don't. First start to get a simple file working, not directly lazarus. Start
with 2.0.2 cprt0.as and start modifying that. I think that is easier than
working backwards from 2.0.4

> But sadly I were not successful, the only error I get is the same as
> before, initializing tls fails:

There is no TLS in 4.x. So you either left in the tls stuff in your cprt0.as
reconstruction, or you failed to update the preinstalled version (cprt0.o).

Also try to recover link.res when linking fails.