[fpc-pascal] dll with windows impossible???

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jan 24 23:15:59 CET 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Michel Meunier wrote:

[cut code]
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> and IT DOESN'T WORK, why? It is exactly the same code!
> More and more I think I am going to translate my code in C, because FPC seems
> unable to manage properly dll library.

It has nothing to do with FPC.

1. Compile the DLL without debug info.
   (lazarus compiles it by default with debug info included. Disable that)

2. ALWAYS specify the complete path to the DLL. Do NOT assume that
   the program is started with as the current directory the program
   directory.  This is a common mistake.

If you are still experiencing problems after that, mail me in private.

Michael.