[fpc-pascal] need help with svn structure

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Fri Jan 19 03:34:13 CET 2007

Hi,

since I'm still bound to FreeBSD 4-STABLE for some reason I need to
compile fpc myself (something changed in the startup code).

I read the development page about svn but don't get it yet, although I
have some experience with cvs.

My goal is to use the latest stable release from svn plus important
fixes. So I think I have to checkout the release branch for 2.0.4

svn checkout http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_2_0_4 fpc

and compile that. But what about the fixes branch? Do I need to check it
out additionally? If yes, how are the two are linked together, from were
do I start compilation?

Confused,
Marc