[fpc-pascal] Commercial components port taskforce

Marc PERTRON marc.pub at finistware.com
Sat Feb 17 23:55:25 CET 2007

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho a écrit :
> On 2/17/07, Marc PERTRON <marc.pub at finistware.com> wrote:
>> I asked the TMS Component team if a port to FP was possible.
>> The answer is yes, at some conditions (native support of Qt for Mac OS,
>> better component support for Lazarus)
>
> I didn´t really understand this sentence. Is it that Lazarus qt
> interface must improve, and lazarus component support improve, before
> they consider porting their components?
Well, here is their answer (in August 2006) :

We have thoroughly evaluated Lazarus about 9 months ago
and found this IDE to be severely lacking for component
development. We have also been disappointed that
the Lazarus solution for Mac is based on X Windows and
will as such not work natively on Mac. Unless this situation
has changed meanwhile, it is therefore unfortunately not
a feasible platform for our component development. If you
have information that there is meanwhile progress on these
issues, please let us know and we can reevaluate this.

> I also didn´t get who is going to do the porting work. I couldn´t
> understand if tms team will handle this or you are asking for help, or
> something else.
TMS team will handle it.
I'm asking for ideas, and what component do you want to be ported, to
ask their developpers to do the job. Of course if 200 people asks for a
commercial component, we had more chance than if i ask it for 1 people.
The idea would be a wiki page, with the component, website, status
(asked, is ok to port it, etc...), and a list of people who said "if you
port, i'll buy")

(I really need to work a little on my english level ;))
--
Marc