[fpc-pascal] sqldb firebird on linux can't find client lib

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Thu Feb 15 12:01:59 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have a console FPC application which uses sqlDB to connect to Firebird 2,
using TIBConnection, TSQLTransaction, and TSQLQuery. The application run very
well on win32 (XP SP2 and FB2). Then I try to compile it on Linux (i386 FC4 and
FB2), but the application failed to start with the following error:

EInOutError : Can not load default Firebird clients ("libgds.so" or
"libfbclient.so"). Check your installation.

I had make myself sure that both libfbclient.so and libgds.so had symlink on
/usr/lib, had been registered on ldconfig, and both firebird/lib and /usr/lib
directory is in the search path. Still, the error persists. :(

I believe there's no problem with the FB server itself since I can get connected
to the FB server from remote machines or local acess using FB's ISQL.

Is there anything more I need to do? Or did I do something wrong? Or there are
any special configs/settings for sqlDB on Linux? For any help and reply, I thank
you in advance.

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com