[fpc-pascal] FPC for SCO Unix

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 6 10:54:55 CET 2007

Op Tue, 6 Feb 2007, schreef Marco van de Voort:

> > Marco van de Voort schrieb:
> > >
> > > This ranges from Windows 64-bit
> >
> > I use and maintain Win64 daily?
>
> So does Peter with Solaris. And Tomas(/Daniel?) with OS/2. But it rather
> limited compared to the core platforms (even OS X, e.g. Jonas, Vincent and
> me all have macs)
>
> There is a reason why they are in that order. Win64 and Solaris are the more
> maintained ones of the row.

True. But I consider i.e. Solaris different than SCO. Staying with SCO is
just waiting until the building collapses. The rational reasoning is to
get out of the building.

This has been true for OS/2 too of course, but unlike SCO it had good
hobby value and active user communities. Beos and MorphOS rely solely on
hobby users, and therefore hobby porting makes good sense.

Daniël