[fpc-pascal] GetPropValue and a class property

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 08:37:26 CET 2007

Hi

In the help page
  http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/typinfo/getpropvalue.html
it mentions that it is not implemented due to missing Variant support.
 Is this still true? As far as I know Variant support has been in FPC
for a while now.

I'm using FPC 2.0.4 and FPC 2.1.1 (latest svn).

Now my actual question:  What does GetPropValue return when the
property is a class?
For example I have a Country class and a Address class which holds a
reference to a Country class. As far as I understand GetPropValue
returns a variant.  So how to I cast (or whatever needs to be done) so
I can reference the actual Country instance that GetPropValue
returned?

TAddress = class()
published
  property  Street: string read ....
  property  Country: TCountry read FCountry;
end;

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'