[fpc-pascal] Question on how to avoid memory trouble

Jason P Sage jasonpsage at jegas.org
Sun Feb 4 02:13:02 CET 2007

>The error is not from a lack of stack space, either.  The error is
>EOutOfMemory that indicates a less easily solved problem.

>Can anyone recommend a method to search a whole drive, of arbitrary
>size, without running out of memory.

>Stu Cox

This is exactly the kind of thing my string class works great with.

It's a dynamic double linked list - and the way its set up - there are three
versions - the simple tracks just pointers, the next has name, value and
Description ansistrings and I make pretty huge lists with it, and it has
Append, insert, findfirst, findnext, etc. I have an unofficial release on
www.jegas.org and you need to use the compile switch that allows +=
construct.

Fpc -Sc  yourprogram.pas

Worth a shot.