[fpc-pascal] MSEide+MSEgui version 1.0

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Thu Feb 1 08:07:25 CET 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 20.44, Krishna wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Martin Schreiber <fpmse at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> > MSEide+MSEgui version 1.0 is released:
> >
> > http://mypage.bluewin.ch/msegui/
> >
> > Have a lot of fun!
>
> Congratulations! great work. I had trouble running the linux version
> which crashed on startup. Changed the LANG environment variable to
> en_US (previously it was en_IN) and it started to work properly.

It is probably a problem with a call to XopenIM which does not return an valid
input method.

> Is there a way to customize the appearance of the widgets, say to use
> the KDE color scheme for example, without having to set the colors on
> a per widget basis?

Use msegraphics.setcolormapvalue.
There is a notice about with an win32 example in the wiki:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/MSEide_&_MSEgui#Desktop_colors_in_the_MSE_application
To handle widget frames and faces centralised use tframecomp and tfacecomp
(tab Gui) and the properties twidget.frame.template and
twidget.face.template.

There is a news group dedicated to questions about MSEide+MSEgui:

Martin