[fpc-pascal] Unit output directory

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:59:21 CEST 2007

On 30/08/2007, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> User's manual, section 5.3 "Variable substitution in paths".

Another question... (sorry).  I read the whole chapter 5 and looked at
the fpc parameters and couldn't find any hints.

I now specify a unit output path as follows:

    -Fu../lib/$fpctarget

Again trying to compile my project I got a problem.  Under Linux on my
system the above equates to:   ../lib/i386-linux
...which is what I want, but if the $fpctarget directory doesn't exist
before the compile, the compiler still gives a error.

How can I force the compiler to create the output directory if it
doesn't exist?  Is there another parameter for that?

If all else fails, I guess I can always just use a generic '../lib'
unit output path for fpGUI.

Regards,
  - Graeme -