[fpc-pascal] notify and notigyall

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Aug 24 13:32:33 CEST 2007

On 24 Aug 2007, at 13:17, Vinzent Hoefler wrote:

> On Friday 24 August 2007 08:53, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
>> tbasicrtlevent for Unix is still not based on condition variables,
>> because Windows events are persistent and condition variables are
>> not.
>
> Call me stupid,

If you insist :)

> but I was under the impression that this has been fixed
> by inserting the "IsSet" member in the IntRTLEvent structure (this fix
> also made RTLEventStartWait disappear for exactly that reason).

There are two different event families: intrtlevent and
basicrtlevent. I have no idea what the history behind the two
different taxonomies is, nor what their supposed functional
differences are. basicrtlevent was implemented from the start using
semaphores, intrtlevent using conditional variables. syncobjs uses
basicrtlevent.

It's indeed possible that by now due to all of the fixes everywhere,
they both provide exactly the same functionality, but I would have to
check (also the Windows implementation, to see whether there are any
differences over there).

Jonas