[fpc-pascal] notify and notigyall

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:32:41 CEST 2007

On 8/23/07, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> > Is there an equivalent for Java's sleep and notify/notifyAll in FPC's rtl ?
>
> I'm sorry. I don't know Java that well. Maybe it is easier to describe the
> exact behaviour that you want instead of drawing a parallel

Lets say I have synchronized threads, because I do not want to arrive
to a race condition.
So I want one thread to sleep as long as another thread is running...
now "sleep" or "wait" I don't remember, sleep to infinitum unless I'm
notifying the thread.
Now if I have more then one thread (for example) that is looking for
something to finish, I should need to tell every such thread to
continue running, so I'll use notifyAll.

Ido
--
http://ik.homelinux.org/