[fpc-pascal] Incorrect hint message ? ( Hint: Local variable "b"does not seem to be initialized" )

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:49:39 CEST 2007

Fair enough.

Interesting "improvement" over Delphi.

Though it's not much of an improvement ;)

There are other hint messages which are interesting though ;)

Another example:

vByte := vLongint; // warning possible loss of data/range check error.

I like compilers checking up on my code.

Maybe I am gonna give free pascal compiler more tries :)

Though I do wonder what free pascal might have missed that Delphi might have
already catched ;)

Since the existing code is already "Delphi prove". So free pascal wasn't
used to get the code as far as it's now if you get what I am saying oh well.

Bye,
  Skybuck.