[fpc-pascal] OT: Rename for Pascal

Andreas Berger Andreas at TheBergerClan.org
Mon Aug 13 16:42:04 CEST 2007

I am doing two free-lance projects at the moment for two clients. One
insists that I use C++ and Qt. When I suggested Delphi (I started this 5
years ago) he was offended. The other client didn't care. When I told
him about installation of one singe EXE (no libraries, dll's and other
dependencies) he approved instantly. Both projects are still active
today. The smaller Qt project is still in alpha while the (now) lazarus
project is past version 2.0. I don't mind the C++ project as much since
I earn more $$ with it. I do a lot more work for the same result - and I
am paid by the day.

I have no problem with the 'Free' in Free Pascal since the new and
improved pascal I am using today cost the client so much less than the
Delphi of yesterday. Of course he mainly sees me using Lazarus, so that
may help.