[fpc-pascal] OT: Rename for Pascal

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:01:06 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

I will write here instead of inline...
I personally know a company that wrote a product using Delphi, and had
an already existed product, but when they came to raise some money,
the only thing that really interested the investors where that they
use Delphi instead of Java, and forced the company to rewrite
*everything* to Java, making a lot of new problems, and things that
did worked on Delphi, did not work on the Java implementation, and at
the end the company disappeared from the face of the earth...

Another not Pascal related argument is from my last work place... The
company developed a vulnerability assessment tool, but when we found a
problem and then found out it was a false positive or a false
negative, we could not use that terms, we needed to use the terms of
"bugs" or "glitches" because it sounds better...

I have a lot more examples of such problems using the "Pascal" and the
way it "sounds"...

And in the bottom line, it's all about marketing.

Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/