[fpc-pascal] OT: Rename for Pascal

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 00:45:15 CEST 2007

Well there are some things ofcourse wrong with Free Pascal:

1. First the name:

"Free"

Bussiness people don't believe in "Free".

2. Free Pascal Quality itself:

When I see simple things not working like:

Read or Readln or whatever, I run away screaming from Free Pascal ;) :)

3. It doesn't have an advanced development environment like Visual Studio
2005 or Delphi 7 / Delphi 2007 (last one sucky though)

I have seen onde IDE Lazareus or something like that and it's a clone of
Delphi 7 but it doesn't have the quality yet :)

4. Pascal sounds oooooldddddddddd and reminds people of the 16 bit dos/days.
Yak ! Full of frustration, limitations, and code going into the waste basket
;) :)

5. Special features for Free Pascal, what does it offer that the other tools
do not ?

I know free pascal can cross compile but for now I only need to compile for
Windows 32 bit and maybe Windows 64 bit in the future ;)

What features does free pascal offer for Win32 or Win64 development which
other environments do not ?

It has to stand out to attract developers ;)

That's my thoughts on it ;)

Bye,
  Skybuck.