[fpc-pascal] OT: Rename for Pascal

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 20:29:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, I'm not attacking you personally :)

On 8/12/07, Leonardo M. Ramé <martinrame at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Before assuming FPC isn't attracting users, why don't we start tracking new users and compare it's
> evolution month by month, year by year. With the help of this method, we can figure out some ways
> to market FreePascal and Lazarus.

I try in the past few years to attract more people in my country to
use (Object) Pascal and FPC. On Friday, I've been on an open source
event named August Penguin, it was the 6 year that this event exists.
In the past 3 events I have tried to make some sort of awareness
regarding FPC, and it still does not work. I have created a lecture
and gave it twice (about Object Pascal and FPC), still did not made
any waves.. On Friday, when I mentioned Pascal, I received reactions
of "will stop talking about it already". I must say that the audience
that I keep trying to get are developers etc.. and not any one on the
street.

> We can start by extracting the subscription date of each user of our mailing lists (I don't know
> if it's possible). After that, it's easy to create statistics and take the corresponding actions.

I joined this malling list not that long ago, however I use FPC for
several years now, and I also used Delphi for more then 7 years... So
how can you know who is new ?

> Leonardo.

Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/