[fpc-pascal] Inconsistencies in fpmake?

Darius Blaszijk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Aug 12 18:27:23 CEST 2007

I was doing some tests with fpmake and came across what appears to be an
inconsistency.

When fpmaking a program a units/cpu-os is created but the commandline
parameters for FPC are "-FE." which causes the tool and possible other
units to be placed in the directory where the program is located.
When calling "fpmake clean", the clean algorithm cannot find either the
.ppu/.o or the .exe files as it searches the units directory and not the
root dir.

I would like to patch this inconsistency, but I am not sure what the
consensus is on fpmaking tools.

1) should -FU.units/cpu-os be used, so all compiled stuff is separated
from the executable which will result in the root dir
2) should -FE. be used as it is now, but the units directory not be
created anymore and the clean algorithm adjusted so it searches the
right directory?

Darius