[fpc-pascal] Need three things

Krishna v.krishnakumar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 11:51:43 CEST 2007

On 8/12/07, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2007, at 08:00, JK Smith at Grid-Sky wrote:
>
> > 1) Garbage collection. Anybody who's worked on apps with objects of
> > objects
> > of objects of objects will see the value in this. If CMEM is used,
> > can the
> > Boehm garbage collector be used?
>
> I don't know if anyone has tried this,

I tried this long back (~ 4 years ago) and the collector did seem to
work atleast on windows. It crashed on Linux everytime though. I think
it has got to do something with adding roots to the collector. I had
posted about this in the then FPC forums (is it still working?).

Cheers,
-Krishna
--
Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give
yourself to it.