[fpc-pascal] Where is fpmkconv?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Aug 12 11:00:59 CEST 2007

On 12 Aug 2007, at 10:43, Darius Blaszijk wrote:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>
>> On 12 Aug 2007, at 09:51, Darius Blaszijk wrote:
>>
>>> If Host = i386-linux and Target = i386-win32 then {$I %FPCTARGETOS
>>> %} = linux?
>>> Instead of the expected {$I %FPCTARGETOS%} = win. Which is ok
>>> because the target IS i386-win32.
>>
>> Not the target for which you compile fpmake, because fpmake has to
>> run on the host.
> Must be my ignorance regarding cross-compiling, but don't you use
> two compilers in that case? I mean how is a win cross-compiler
> going to create valid executables on a linux host?

Using a cross-assembler and cross-linker (either external or internal
to the compiler). You only need a separate compiler if you compile
for a different cpu platform. And even then you may also want to
cross-compile the entire code on the host platform and only copy the
resulting binary to the target platform.

Jonas