[fpc-pascal] Fcp for arm linux for EABI

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:47:28 CEST 2007

On 26/04/07, Jose Pascual <josepascual at almudi.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2.3.1 version ? is development snap? donwload from? or make from scratch?

there's one from 2007-03-10.  i haven't tried it, though.

ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v23/arm-linux/fpc-2.3.1.arm-linux.tar.gz

i don't know if this will be ok with softfloat.  i personally use svn
and compile it myself like this (from base fpc dir):

make clean crossall CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux- CROSSBINDIR=/opt/slugosle/bin OPT="-CfSOFT"

sudo make crossinstall INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr CPU_TARGET=arm
OS_TARGET=linux BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-
CROSSBINDIR=/opt/slugosle/bin  OPT="-CfSOFT"

if you pick up problems and need to hack the Makefile.fpc around, just
run fpcmake -rTall to regenerate all the Makefiles.

> how can I say to fpc to compile my pp file for softfloat avoiding to
> generate asm problem?

then, there will be a ppcrossarm in /usr/lib/fpc/2.3.1/ that you can
call, specifying the -XParm-linux- -CfSOFT option when you build your
application.  make sure you've added your crossbin dir to your path.

if you get the asm problem again, post here so that some of the fpc
devels can comment on it.

> thank,
> best regards

good luck