[fpc-pascal] Freepascal Web Compiler

L L at z505.com
Sat Apr 21 10:34:44 CEST 2007

Hello,

Just for your information..

I have created a small video showing a web based FPC compiler in action.

http://z505.com/videos/pwu/webcmd/webcmd-fpc-demo1.htm

The source code to this demo will be posted on Z505.com and the psp.furtopia.com site soon.

This is the first step in making our web utilitites easier to use for Mac/Windows users who want to
compile Linux/BSD web programs on their server without any telnet/ssh/shell access.

The FPC config file and RTL need to be uploaded to the server, then the fpc config file needs to be
modified and pointed to the correct directory (RTL search paths, easiest is to set them relative/ to
ppc386, /absolute/ not needed).

There is no installation of FPC compiler required to get it running on a typical economical $5/month
CPANEL/PLESK shared web host.

It also proves that much more can be done, such as having the program automatically compiled from a
cgi-bin directory without the user having to compile it ever (kind of like .NET/ASP/C# development,
just upload pascal file to server and server precompiles it).

Lars