[fpc-pascal] FP-IDE FPC204 and Ubuntu 6.06

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Fri Apr 6 17:58:50 CEST 2007

Op Fri, 6 Apr 2007, schreef Tiziano_mk:

> Daniël Mantione wrote:
> >
> > Op Wed, 4 Apr 2007, schreef Tiziano_mk:
> >
> > > maibe I make something wrong, but if I install FPC2.0.4 on Ubuntu
> > > 6.06 the
> > > FP-IDE responds randomly to the mouse commands (all menus and
> > > keyboard
> > > commands are working).
> > >
> > > any suggestion to resolve it?
> >
> > Can you check if Debian bug 412927 applies in your situation?
>
> In synaptic I find libgpmg1 reported as 1.19.6.21ubuntu1,
> installed: libgpm.so.1.19.6
>
> I'm not a linux guru, but it seems that this is the case.
>
> So I'm going to realize:
> a) that it's really a bug due to the OS, not to FPC;
> b) that there is actually no solution (neither trying to recompile);
> c) If I want to use fp or Free Vision Apps I have to use FPC2.0.2;
> d) Chances for a remedy have to come from debian developers;
>
> is this correct?

Yes.

I am considering to add an user configurable option to the IDE to switch
to a "Debian mouse" mode, but this will be a lot of work, since the gpm
unit needs then a if around each field access of the record, further, the
gpm unit is hidden between a mouse and Free Vision abstraction layer, so a
proper interface will have to be designed; not fun for such a stupid,
unnecessary bug.

Perhaps we should ask those Debian guys wether they are going to do
something about it.

Daniel