[fpc-pascal] problem with threads and backgrounding, fpc 2.1.3 arm native

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Apr 4 23:30:03 CEST 2007

En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

>>> the example daemon.pp, for example, crashes right away, strace
>>> doesn't seem very useful to me:
>>
>> but it works fine cross-compiling (with fpc 2.0.4).
>> I cannot find a way to cross-compile my test program:
>>
>> [luca at localhost fork]$ ppcarm
>> -Fu/home/luca/fpc-arm-2.0.4/lib/fpc/2.0.4/units/arm-linux/*
>> -XParm-linux-  -Xd  -Xr/home/luca/lsproroot/usr/lib/ test.pas
>
> After reading the fine documentation I think I found the correct
> incantation of the command (/home/luca/lsproroot has the lspro nfs
> mounted, so the libs are there) but still it doesn't work:
[...]
> : undefined reference to `__dlsym'
> test.pas(12,3) Error: Error while linking

Ok, google told me that it was a probably a symbolic link, fixed it to
be relative and I managed to cross-compile the test program
No crash.
OTOH my real program, even if cross-compiled (what a pain!), is still
throwing an exception if I use ctrl-z, is still having problems with
fork but at least (if I leave it in the foreground) I can use ctrl+c.

Bye
--
Luca