[fpc-pascal] TDatabase, PostgreSQL and Mac OS X?

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Tue Sep 26 22:13:37 CEST 2006

I have the following simple program that does not seem to be working.
Connectivity using postgres unit works fine. Here's the error and
then the program will follow. Thank you! Oh, a note. I do not have
libpq.so. I do have libpq.dylib. Also, my postgresql is installed in
a non-standard place, /usr/local/pgsql however other programs have
not had a problem with that thus far. I created symlinks to /usr/
local/pgsql/libpq* into /usr/lib but that did not solve the problem.

Jeremy

------------
$ ./dbtest Connecting to database...
An unhandled exception occurred at $0007864C :
EInOutError : Can not load PosgreSQL client. Is it installed? (libpq.so)
   $0007864C
   $00054F87

------------

program dbtest;

uses sqldb, pqconnection;

var
	Fconnection  : tSQLConnection;

begin
	writeln('Connecting to database...');

	Fconnection := tpqConnection.Create(nil);
	with Fconnection do
	begin
		DatabaseName := 'test';
		open;