Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] variant part of a record

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Wed Sep 20 16:09:13 CEST 2006

About contributing: is it useful to comment some parts of documentation ("html with comments") with improvements, corrections or compilable examples?

> >> It's not because you don't pay me, or because you cannot demand
> >> anything from me or anyone else working on FPC, that you do not have
> >> influence on the project or even on what I do (both positively and
> >> negatively).
>
> That was a difficult sentence. I think I understood it after reading three or four
> times.
> I *think* all he said was:
> Even if you don't pay me, even if you cannot demand anything from me, you still can
> have an influence on the project or on what I do.
> Vincent

Well, I think, that the part "It's not because you don't pay me ..., that you do not have influence on the project ..." means, that I don't have direct influence on the project (it's right: I did not submit a bug for much time, and the last thing I did was writing some list of problems with 2.0.4rc1). Of course, it's not a robot of Jonas, who writes to the maillist, so I have some indirect influence (at least by entertaining, boring or wasting time of someone; I hope, that Florian reads maillist only when someone tells him, that there is something important there).