Re[4]: [fpc-pascal] variant part of a record

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Wed Sep 20 14:19:42 CEST 2006

> It's on my todo list to implement such checks (when enabled by a
> command line switch, of course). It's not that easy as it may look at
> first sight though.
> Jonas

It's great news!

However, in the case of such checks, ability to explicitly place tag variable in the record structure or to place something after the variant part (assuming it has the size of the biggest branch) would be great too.

Implementing "else" seems very logical (does modula-2 perform this checks?).

I wish you all the best.