[fpc-pascal] fpdoc and overloaded functions.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:36:05 CEST 2006

On 13/09/06, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > Problems:
> > 1. How do I get a different description for each overloaded Find method.
>
> You can't.

Thinking about this, I guess it makes sense.  In my case (and should
apply to all overloaded methods) the Find function does the same
thing, so that could be reflected in the single description available.

> Normally, the short description of the argument is displayed in the
> declaration of the function. This seems not to be so anymore, I will
> have to look at that.

I noticed enumerated types do this, and look really nice.  Having that
feature for overloaded functions should allow me to document the
differences, and be easier to understand than having the argument
listing only at the bottom.

Thanks Michael.

Regards,
  - Graeme -