[fpc-pascal] Delphi collaborates FPC?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Sep 1 14:10:27 CEST 2006

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Rainer Stratmann wrote:

>>> Then it gets a duty and gets boring.
>>
>> I so agree with that!  :-)
>
> Has someone another opinion, or is it only allowed to say something if someone
> has the same opinion???
>
> sorry :-(

Nono,

Each can have his opinion.

In general, the attitude of the FPC core group has always been that
they do this for fun, and have no intention to start any commercial
- or even official, non-profit - activities related to FPC. It is
a hobby which is fun and should remain fun.

It has been explained several times that if the FPC users want some
extra 'official' structures, they must do it themselves.

We can provide webspace and a DNS name for such user-efforts, and I
personally am ready to act as a contact person, but that is as
far as it will go...

Michael.