[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.0.2 vs 2.0.4 xmlread

Alexander Todorov alexx.todorov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 16:40:23 CEST 2006

Hello list,
I had an old application that worked fine with 2.0.2 but doesn't work
with 2.0.4.
The problem is that it reads XML and then uses the data to do some
processing. Application expects XML to be UTF-8 which is later
converted to CP1251 in some cases.

I an sending an example program including the xmlread.pp units from
2.0.2 and 2.0.4 versions.
2.0.2 produces correct result. The xml attribute value printed is in
cyrillic (Bulgarian). It is printed on the console in two different
ways, the second one contains only ? characters.

Can you tell me is this a bug in xmlread or my code is wrong?

Second thing that I noticed:
The compiler gives error when calling ReadXMLFile prefixed with the unit name.

Thanks!
Alexander.