[fpc-pascal] next FPC version

Wolfe, Robert Robert.Wolfe at RoswellPark.org
Thu Nov 30 18:55:53 CET 2006

From what I understand, when compiling a new build from code, FPC will be compiled using the current version that is already on your system.  Afterwards, once the new compiler is built, the compilation process will switch over to the new compiler.

----
Robert Wolfe [MCP/Linux+], Computer Programmer/Analyst
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, SR-DAR
Elm & Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY
716-845-4916 | robert.wolfe at roswellpark.org

-----Original Message-----
From: fpc-pascal-bounces at lists.freepascal.org [mailto:fpc-pascal-bounces at lists.freepascal.org] On Behalf Of Graeme Geldenhuys
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 1:47 AM
To: FPC-Pascal users discussions
Subject: [fpc-pascal] next FPC version

Hi,

Any idea on what the next FPC version is going to be based on?  By
that I mean, is the next version of FPC going to be based on the FPC
2.0.x (or 2.0.5) code or on the FPC 2.1.1 code?

Also if I want to develop using the latest stable code, do I use FPC
2.0.4 or FPC 2.0.x (2.0.5 which as far as I know is 2.0.4 with extra
bug fixes)?

Graeme Geldenhuys
Location: S 34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'
http://tinyurl.com/y6lc26