[fpc-pascal] fpdoc and three packages

Matt Emson memsom at interalpha.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 16:12:49 CET 2006

> Delphi 5 support has been removed in tiOPF version 2, but version 1 is
> still available on request.  Anybody still using tiOPF v1 is highly
> recommended to upgrade to tiOPF v2.

No, I used v1. I looked at how much work a backport to D5 would be. Mostly
it was routines missing from the Delphi RTL until you got into the whole
RTTI debarcle. Needless to say I gave up.

>  I use the Model-GUI-Mediator (MGM) pattern, to make any standard GUI
control
> Object Aware. MGM is a combination of the Observer and Mediator design
> patterns.

Never used that patter but have used those patterns to achieve the same
result. However, it's pnly viable for new projects, and those are not
generally in Delphi here anymore. Useful for my own work though I guess.

If you've never looked at Instant Objects it is worthwhile. Far, far simpler
to get in to than tiOPF. Only Win32 though AFAIAA.

> Yes, tiOPF is standard Object Pascal code.  I use tiOPF under Linux
> and Windows for all my projects.

Very useful to know. Thank you!