[fpc-pascal] embedded database

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 01:56:08 CET 2006

On 11/25/06, Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at t-online.de> wrote:
> The only task is to read and write two tables (for now), so in principle
> dbase would be nice. But since the program has to become localized to at
> least three or four languages using special chars I'm not really sure
> that it would fit.

Why would dbase have problem with it? Isn´t dbase type for strings
simply a array of bytes? You could just pass a utf-8 string to it. I´m
sure dbase isn´t doing any kind of string transformation with the date
it receives (or am I wrong?).

> I'll look out for it, I remember having heard about an embedded version
> of firebird. Currently my mental upper limit is around 1 MB in size (on
> disk) ...

You could also try sqlite. According to it´s website:

Small code footprint: less than 250KiB fully configured or less than
150KiB with optional features omitted.

It can´t be statically linked without some effort (because it´s made
on c), but has only one external library to be deployed.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho