[fpc-pascal] Unit "Sockets"

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Thu Nov 16 12:27:11 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 16. November 2006 10:58 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> > does there exist a Demo Program for Unit Sockets?
> > I want to make a direct IPX connection between 2 Computers.
> > And later an Internet connection.
>
> Which OS? Anyway, socket is mainly about TCP/IP, and there are demoes in
> the description of the unit in the manual.

Linux OS.
Where exactly can it be found?

> Why do you want to use IPX in this day and age?

Because it seems the easiest way to port a DOS Program into Linux, because now
I use also IPX in the DOS Program.
IPX is a very low level, and if it woul be possible to send IPX packets
without unit socket, it would also be good.
May be later I would like to switch to an up to date protocol.