[fpc-pascal] fpcUnit todo list

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 11:47:40 CET 2006

On 09/11/06, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> First, I would prefer a patch to the fpcunit which makes the unit itself
> indenpendend from other stuff (xml) so it can be used in the fpc test suite :)

The xml used is the xmlwriter unit - part of FPC.  Is this a problem?
Test output is optional, so you can chose no output, plain text
output, xml output, latex output (not sure if this works) and all the
previous to a file.  The fpcunit.pp doesn't contain any reference to
the testreport.pp unit...

Maybe if you could explain 'independant' a bit better, I would get a
better understanding of you requirement.  We could change the output
formats to register with fpcUnit, by creating a OutputFactory, and as
soon as any output format unit is included (in uses clause) in a
project (as in GUI Runner or Console Runner), it registers with the
OutputFactory.

I use this a lot in my projects and in tiOPF.  Examples of this is
different compression algorithms used by a tiCompress class used in
tiOPF.

Regards,
  - Graeme -