[fpc-pascal] 0.9.20 released

Adrian Veith adrian at veith-system.de
Thu Nov 9 10:09:52 CET 2006

Hello,

I did a plain install from scratch (the
Lazarus-0.9.20-fpc-2.0.4-20061105-win32.exe) and wanted to rebuild
Lazarus. The rebuild with the preinstalled fpc-2.0.4 stops with an error:

Compiling svn2revisioninc.pas
Linking .\svn2revisioninc.exe
.\svn2revisioninc.o(.data+0x14): In function `FINDREVISION':
svn2revisioninc.pas:150: undefined reference to `DEBUGINFO_WINDOWS'
C:\lazarus.0.9.20\fpc\2.0.4\units\i386-win32\rtl\libpsystem.a(system0s884.o)(.text+0x68):
In function `SYSTEM_init':
system.pp:1133: undefined reference to `_stkptr'
Error: Error while linking

Next problem:

Because I prefer the fpc2.1.1 compiler i changed the setup to use my
fpc-2.1.1. (current svn snapshot). I did a "make clean all" Everything
builds well, but when i try to start lazarus it throws an exception:
Error reading SplashForm.Left. Unknown property "Left"

The same errror is thrown, when you install the
Lazarus-0.9.21-fpc-2.1.1-20061108-win32.exe and start lazarus.

Seems like the 2.1.1 compiler has problems with RTTI.

I know, the daily snapshots are not tested, but i think its nice to use
lazarus, with the 2.1.1 compiler.

cheers,

Adrian.