[fpc-pascal] FPC hackers contest [was: Eye Candy Contest]

Alexander Todorov alexx.todorov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 17:00:01 CET 2006

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:19:57 +0100
Marc PERTRON wrote:
> The usual answer is 'yes but you can do that with VB too'.
> I don't want people to compare VB and FP, but to see that FP is as good
> as C for heavy things ;o)
> And an eye-candy is one of the best examples :)
> --
> Marc

Lots of people are very fond of C because you can write 'unreadable'
code and do some fancy/hackerish things like printing program's source
code.
info links:
http://www.nyx.net/~gthompso/quine.htm
http://www.nyx.net/~gthompso/self_pasc.txt

They do not know that this can be done in Pascal (and any other language) too.
Do FPC needs a hacker style programming contest in order to show that
one can write ugly code in Pascal ???

Anybody interested in fpc-hackers mailing list where people can
discuss non standard ways  of doing things?

Alexander