[fpc-pascal] writeln in fpc 2.0.2

Gustavo Enrique Jimenez gejimenez at gmail.com
Tue May 30 22:47:52 CEST 2006

 I use Lazarus. So, I've upgraded fpc from 1.0.10  to 2.0.2  .

I've recompiled my cgi apps, and now something is wrong: lines with
more than 80 char writed with writeln seems to be "truncated" at
position 80. A #10 char follows, an then the rest of the line.

If I send the output to a text file, calling my app within a console,
lines seems to be ok (they are not "truncated"). But when I see the
source code of the html page returned by my cgi app, they are
truncated.

is it possible tha writeln is "truncating" lines with more than 80
chars, adding an extra #10 char in byte 80 ?

My system is : fpc 2.0.2, Debian Sarge on pentium.

Thanks in advance !! (excuse my english)

Gustavo Enrique Jiménez

ps: Deep in the code, it is possible that crt unit is still linked
(the cgi app comes from an old turbopascal console app). Also, I use
oldlinux unit instead of baseunix, unix, linux units .