[fpc-pascal] unit name with dots

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri May 26 22:00:59 CEST 2006

On Thu, 25 May 2006, mariano podesta wrote:

> a bug? are you serious?
>
> A unit must be a valid pascal
>

> fpc just support valid standard pascal? this is not what i heard.
> delphi7 supports it since 2002. not a .net release.

The unit names with dots in them were a preparation for the .NET
namespaces, just as the 'unsafe code' "errors" and some other
things introduced in D7.

Regardless of whether this has any use or not:

None of the FPC developers currently has the time nor wish to support
any of the .NET enhancements, and that includes the dot in the unit
names.

Michael.